The Quit MethodSo you have decided to make the switch from cigarettes to vaping? Do you really want this to work for you? If so, I have a few tips that will help you out! Making changes is always hard, but using my quit method (coupled with the knowledge of your local vape shop experts) can work for you! Here are a few simple steps to follow if you want to make this switch work for you:
- Find a flavor that works for you! Take your time trying out the different flavors that your local shops have. If you are just now making the switch from cigarettes, the flavors that will most likely work better are tobacco flavors.
- Be honest with your local shop employee. Tell him/her how much you actually smoke. There are different nicotine levels in the juices and if we don’t give you the right nicotine level, quitting will not work for you!
- Find a device that works for you. There are hundreds of different mods, batteries, tanks, coil choices, etc.. So make sure you get the one that fits best with your style. Don’t just walk in and let the person talk you into the most expensive piece of equipment they offer. Here at Lizard Juice we only carry the devices and tanks that we have personally tested and approved for their quality.
- When first quitting, your nicotine level will be higher than most who have been vaping for a while. Find a tank that has a higher Ohm coil/wick[Know your Ohms & Wattage]. The higher the resistance, the higher nicotine level can be used.
Lizard Juice is amazing. I quit smoking in one day.— haneno (@haneno) May 23, 2013
The next steps for switching to vapingNow that you have your juice and device, let’s talk about making this switch work! There is a really simple quitting method that helped myself and thousands of others:
- DO NOT THROW AWAY YOUR TOBACCO PRODUCTS! Instead, put your cigarettes into a ziplock bag and throw them in the freezer. This will keep your cigarettes fresh. Also, keep your lighters and ashtrays somewhere you can find them later.
- Use your new electronic cigarette as an actual cigarette. If you didn’t smoke in the house, do not vape in the house. If you took 8 minute cigarette breaks at work, take your 8 minute cigarette break at work, but using your vape. Your device is your new cigarette. Treat it that way.
- Give vaping a 7 day trial period. Use nothing but your vape for 7 days whenever you are craving nicotine. After 7 days, the tar that coats your lungs, throat, and tongue begins to disappear. You may experience coughing up some tar, but don’t worry, that is your body trying to get rid of all the tar coating your lungs.
- After 7 days, take your cigarettes out and light one up. Remember how your first cigarette tasted? You probably don’t, but it’s awful. Within 7 days, your sense of smell and taste comes back after quitting cigarettes.