It’s summer time! I don’t know about you guys, but I know I will be spending time at the beach, parks, or anywhere outside! Summer heat definitely takes a toll on the body, but even more so on your mod batteries! Being exposed to prolonged heat can damage and drain your mod batteries, and without working batteries, your mod just won’t work. This can happen with internal or external batteries, so here are 4 mod battery safety tips for Summer!4 MOD BATTERY SAFETY TIPS FOR SUMMERClick To Tweet
- Avoid Leaving Your Mod/Mod Batteries in the Car
- This should be common sense, but I still know many people who continually do this. If you haven’t realized this, the inside of your car is usually warmer than the outside temperature, so your mod will be exposed to hotter temperatures, too. This can, and most likely will, cause battery failure. Lithium-ion batteries start to break down at 100 degrees Fahrenheit, and your vehicle sitting in direct sunlight can reach 130 degrees in as little as two hours! Be smart and keep your mod and mod battery(ies) with you.
- Keep Your Mod/Mod Battery in Cool Places
- A day at the beach sounds amazing, right? Well, your mod battery doesn’t agree! If you know you are going to be out in the heat for extended periods of time, try packing a cooler or something to where your mod and mod battery(ies) can stay cool! This will help prevent any damage, and it’s also a great way to let your mod cool down between vaping.
- If the Mod Battery is Damaged, Replace It
- So you noticed a tear in the battery wrap, or maybe that the positive or negative end of the battery is arcing? Well, just be smart and replace the battery; don’t try to salvage it. If these batteries get too damaged or too hot, this can cause massive venting, rupturing, and exploding. If you are unsure if your mod battery is safe to use, take it to your local shop and have them inspect it!
- Avoid Charging a Mod Battery for Extended Periods of Time
- Overcharging a battery can still happen, even with most Mod Battery chargers having safety cut off features. It’s just safe practice to not overcharge your batteries, so when they are at 100%, just take them off of the charger.
If you follow these mod battery safety tips, you will be able to enjoy more time in the summer heat without worrying! Enjoy your summer and Vape On!